Family Worship Experience | October 29
At The Parish, we love families. And we love worship. So what could be better than a family worship service? On Sunday, October 29 at 10:30am, we’ll have a unique time of gathering as a full Parish family. Be prepared: It won’t look like our regular worship services, but we’re excited to come together for a day of fun and family time. We’ll follow it up with lunch and a Halloween festival in the parking lot, complete with Trunk or Treat for the kids and lunch for everyone.
- EVERYONE! Don’t think this is just for people with children. We are all part of The Parish family, and we look forward to enjoying the day all together.
- Really…EVERYONE! This is the perfect event for inviting friends, neighbors, and extended family. Who doesn’t love a fall festival??
WHAT TO EXPECT
- There will be no 9am service on October 29 and no childcare. Everyone will gather for worship together, so there will also be NO worrying about your kids being loud!
- To best accommodate our large church family, we’ll set up in the floor picnic-style.
- It’s going to be fun! We’ll sing some songs your kids know as well as some songs you love, with a short time of teaching.
- After the service, we’ll have a lunch of burgers and hot dogs while the kids are Trunk or Treating.
WHAT TO BRING
- Kids are encouraged to come in their Halloween costumes
- Adults, feel free to wear your costume too! (Just keep it classy and kid-friendly)
- A blanket for your family to sit on during the service
- Trick-or-treat bags for your kids
- Candy and decor for your trunk
WHAT IS TRUNK OR TREAT?
- If you love efficiency, and you love candy, you’ll love Trunk or Treat. Our cars will be set up in the parking lot, decorated and ready to distribute loot to your trick-or-treaters.
- We need trunks! If you’re interested in hosting a trunk, please sign up here.
- To spark your trunk-theme creativity, do an image search for “trunk or treat ideas.” It doesn’t have to be elaborate! Plan to arrive a few minutes before 10:30 if you need time to set up your car.
We can’t wait to worship with you on October 29 at 10:30!