Daily Practices – Week 4 – Day 5
THEME: Jesus longs to restore my soul.
GRACE: Lord, give me the courage to observe and surrender my inner life.
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with a few moments of silence. Rest, and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: Today, I feel ________________.
- Read these words slowly (aloud or silently):
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10, NIV)
- Pause for a few moments of silence.
Practice: Reflection (Review Your Week)
Find a quiet place to stop and prayerfully reflect over your previous week.
- Open your journal and look back over what you have written for the past four days.
- In today’s journal entry, write a brief summary of what you have experienced this week in your spiritual practices. Take note of what surprised you, what you learned, or where you experienced resistance or frustration.
- This week, our prayer was that God would allow us to hear His voice as we make space to listen. As you reflect over the past five days, did you see any instances of God speaking in the space and simplicity? Take note of your physical, emotional, and mental experience through the week. Did the practices of simplicity help you regain any health or life? No matter how small or insignificant these things might seem, these moments are answers to your prayer. Write them down, and thank God for giving you this grace.
- Take a moment to look at your calendar for the upcoming week. As you do so, notice what you are excited about in the coming week, as well as anything that makes you anxious.
- Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event. Give Him thanks for the times you look forward to, and ask Him to provide you peace in the fearful events.
- As you close in prayer, thank God for walking with you this week.
- Closing Prayer: Lord, give me the courage to observe and surrender my inner life.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com