Lent Practices – Week 3 – 3.2.2018
THEME: Subtracting our Shadow, Finding our Life
BREATH PRAYER: Lord, help me bring my shadow into the light.
The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;
this was the Lord’s doing, and it is amazing in our eyes.
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with silence. Set a timer for 1, 3, or 5 minutes so you can be free to rest and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: Today, I feel ________________.
- Read the centering verse above slowly (aloud or silently).
- Pause for a few moments of silence, then pray this week’s breath prayer.
Find a quiet place to prayerfully reflect over your previous week.
Open your journal and read what you have written this week. Write a brief summary of what you experienced in your spiritual practices: common themes, significant insights, ways God got your attention.
This week, our prayer was that the Lord would help us bring our shadows into the light. As you reflect, do you see any instances of Him doing this? Do you sense that He has asked you to do anything specific? Write them down, and thank God for giving You this grace.
Look at your calendar for the upcoming week. As you do so, notice what you are excited about in the coming week, as well as anything that makes you anxious. Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event.
As you close in prayer, thank God for what He has done in you and for you this week.