THEME: Finding a Rhythm
BREATH PRAYER: Jesus, help me slow down and experience Your goodness
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with a few moments of silence. Rest, and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: Today, I feel ________________.
- Read these words slowly (aloud or silently):
“Let me hear of Your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting You.
Show me where to walk, for I give myself to You.”
Pray this week’s breath prayer and pause for a few moments of silence.
Find a quiet place to stop and prayerfully reflect over your previous week.
- Open your journal and look back over what you have written for the past four days.
- In today’s journal entry, write a brief summary of what you have experienced this week in your spiritual practices. Take note of what surprised you, what you learned, or where you experienced resistance or frustration.
- This week, our prayer was that the Lord would help us slow down and experience His goodness. As you reflect over the past five days, how has He done this for you? Did you sense God speak to you in a specific way, or grant you a moment of stillness or mindfulness that you otherwise would’ve missed? No matter how small or insignificant they might seem, these moments are answers to your prayer. Write them down, and thank God for giving You this grace.
- Take a moment to look at your calendar the upcoming week. As you do so, notice what you are excited about in the coming week, as well as anything that makes you anxious.
- Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event. Give Him thanks for the times you look forward to, and ask Him to provide you peace in the fearful events.
- As you close in prayer, thank God for walking with you this week, for helping you slow down and experience His goodness.